The first phase of the NHS Covid-19 vaccination programme has started nationally.
We will begin vaccinating the first phase of priority patients against COVID-19 from 19th December 2020. We are contacting eligible patients directly to invite them for their vaccinations.
Priority patients are based on the Government’s Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) who identify patients based on the prevention of serious illness from COVID-19. Prioritisation is primarily based on age, as the risk of serious illness and death from COVID-19 increases with age.
This priority list is as follows:
- 1 – residents in a care home for older adults, and their carers
- 2 – all those 80 years of age and over, and frontline health and social care workers
- 3 – all those 75 years of age and over
- 4 – all those 70 years of age and over, and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- 5 – all those 65 years of age and over
- 6 – all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious illness and death
- 7 – all those 60 years of age and over
- 8 – all those 55 years of age and over
- 9 – all those 50 years of age and over
Please wait to be contacted.
We are receiving lots of queries from patients about the vaccine. Please wait to be contacted. When you become eligible and we have vaccine available you will receive an invitation to book an appointment either from:
- your GP practice, or
- the national NHS.
This letter will include all the information you will need to book appointments, including your NHS number.
Please do not contact us to get an appointment until you receive this letter.
Information on the vaccine is available on the NHS.UK website.
To find out more about the vaccine, visit the Covid Vaccine public information page of the Joined Up Care Derbyshire website at:
Or follow Joined Up Care Derbyshire on social media: